Individuals should be nominated by recognized business and community leaders in their region and should not be a family member. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominators are asked to submit a nomination form with details such as the candidate’s age, physical address, email address and phone number, educational background, career path, current position, voluntary community activities and any additional information that will help us evaluate their qualifications for the program.
The aim is to constitute a class of fellows drawn from diverse backgrounds in terms of geography, occupation, ethnicity, race and religion.
Individuals recommended as candidates for the GP Birla Fellowship should be:
- Between the age group of 27–35 years
- From a Tier 2 / Tier 3 town
- One who is committed to participating in the two 6-day residential seminars spread over 12 months.
- Someone who is at the cusp of leadership positions in Industry/Non-Profit/ Arts or Young Entrepreneurs with at least a 5-year professional track record
- One who has the willingness to be fully present, authentic, vulnerable and willing to listen to differing points of view with an open mind and heart.