The India-Bhutan Strategic Dialogue took place in New Delhi on April 3 and 4, 2014. The dialogue focused on:
1. India and Bhutan: Finding Common Ground
2. Economic ties: Boosting bilateral trade, investment and cross-border infrastructure
3. Water, Food and Energy Security : India and Bhutan confronting the challenge of Climate Change
4. Strengthening political relations: Fresh perspectives
5. Fostering regional cooperation
6. India and Bhutan: The Way Forward
The two sides agreed that India and Bhutan enjoy close and friendly relations, with a high degree of mutual trust and confidence. Their relations encompass political, economic and cultural relations which have been expanding in scope and in substance. Nevertheless, it is necessary for both sides not to take their current, positive relations for granted. Efforts must be made on a sustained basis to nurture and enhance their privileged relationship.